Technical Marketing Engineer (Cloud Management Platform)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our sales teams, partners and customers. You will work with innovative technologies in network security and cloud based management products by helping develop fresh and creative solutions. You enjoy working with customers on complex deployments and also developing and delivering technical training for Systems Engineers. You are a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies. You work well independently and also excel at identifying the potential sales needs of our clients and shaping the direction of the company’s products.
- Work with Systems Engineers and customers on complex deployments to help ensure successful product deployment
- Be the subject matter expert on Palo Alto Networks products to help Systems Engineers with product related questions
- Build out and manage lab environments and demo systems to replicate customer environments and real-world simulations
- Participate in product beta programs and work with customers, product managers, and engineers to complete testing, gather detailed feedback, and replicate issues.
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning content
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Other engineering/technical degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in computer networking or security
- Good understanding of internet protocols, cloud environments are highly desired.
- Strong virtualization skills and experience with hypervisors and public cloud. Must have production lab or data center experience with application staging and maintenance
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems, Active Directory, AD GPO, and RADIUS
- Working experience with scripting languages such as python and perl.
- Strong understanding of network security concepts and working experience with next generation firewalls and associated management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with high levels of detail and hit deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.