Services Bid Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Services Bid Manager, you will manage services sales opportunities as part of the pre-sales delivery cycle. This includes managing scoping engagements and ensuring that all scoping requirements are met and delivered on-time back to the Account team and/or customer. You will be supporting a large number of Account teams and will provide world-class customer service.
- Respond to Service scope requests. In conjunction with the opportunity team, define requirements, level of effort, and deliverables
- Identify technical and business resources required for each opportunity and assign individual responsibilities and tasks
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to the account team and customer
- Deliver end solution to Account Teams and customers. When required present end solution to customers
- Minimize our exposure and risk on all opportunities
- Ensure opportunity documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Track and report progress and metrics on a weekly basis
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Solid organizational skills including tool utilization (spreadsheets, project management tools, mind maps), information collection, attention to detail, and prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills including appreciation and the ability to elicit collaboration from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, customers, and other departments
- Flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; able to promptly and expertly react to project adjustments and alterations
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform
- Knowledge of network infrastructure based security appliances, including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches is a plus
- Project Management Institute PMP(r) certification or equivalent is a plus
- Experience with Google’s G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides) is a plus
Our Customer Support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.