Financial Analyst, R&D
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as a Financial Analyst, R&D Finance. You will be part of a growing team as we develop processes to support rapid growth for R&D. We’re looking for someone with strong business partnering skills, who is a self-starter, a great communicator and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse skill set, in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Understand the business landscape and partner with management to align on business & financial goals
- Forecast headcount and expense, ensuring data visibility and accuracy, as well as providing insightful and actionable metrics and recommendations to business partners
- Build, manage and maintain models including spend dashboards, forecasting and headcount planning
- Create executive management packages, providing insightful, actionable metrics and recommendations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Build strong business relationships with various business entities and drive projects cross-functionally
Work with the finance, accounting, and the financial system teams to continually improve financial processes
- Ad hoc and regular analyses of the business to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision-making
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting with 2-3 +years of finance related experience or investment banking/consulting experience; MBA is preferred but not required
- Strong business sense with the ability to assess business situations, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with an understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models
- Advanced Microsoft Office and system skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models
- SQL required; R scripting and VBA strongly preferred
- Strong business sense with the ability to assess business situations, draw conclusions and recommend decisions
- Critical thinker with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment, with a positive attitude
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint, experience with SAP, BPC a plus
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.