Channel Business Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.Your Career
At Palo Alto Networks, channel development is an extension of the territory sales team; the ultimate goal is to train and enable our channel partners to become more self-sufficient and gain leverage for the Palo Alto Networks brand. The Channel Business Manager (CBM) will be responsible for activities centered on relationship management and pipeline creation at a National Channel Partner to achieve measurable results such as increased revenue, deal registration, market share, and seller penetration.Your Impact
- Directly manage Palo Alto Networks partner nationally with whom you will contribute to and execute annual business plans to drive all aspects of the partner relationship including sales and pipeline development, executive and field alignment, business development, sales, and technical enablement, certification plans and partner marketing.
- Work closely with corporate business development on embedded solutions creation, implementation, and GTM.
- Partner attainment against national and regional joint sales goals will become a key measurement of success.
- Facilitate, manage, and administer in-region sales and technical enablement for partner Sales Reps and System Engineers; presenting and promoting Palo Alto Networks value proposition
- Facilitate the creation, delivery, and certification of authorized training, professional services and front line support programs based on Palo Alto Networks technologies and solutions
- Collaborate with Field Marketing to facilitate, manage and drive demand generation activities ensuring appropriate MDF ROI and compliance
- Metric tracking and reporting focused on seller penetration, Territory and Account Mappings, Deal Registrations, new logos, and partner lift contribution
- Facilitate and participate in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders from both organizations to measure progress against mutual business objectives
- Actively manage and drive Deal Registrations, pipeline development, and provide deal support to ensure orders are booked through the partner and Distributor as forecasted
- Austin-based location, this position requires being on-site at Dell multiple days a week
- Strong understanding of Channel Operating and Partner operating models, specifically Dell GTM motions around Public Sector and SLED
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to engage at all levels of the partner from individual contributor up to senior leadership
- Proven track record of new Partner onboarding, exceeding performance objectives, and consistently growing a new vendor line 50%+ YoY
- Prior experience developing pipeline creation programs that demonstrated partner lift
- Fast-paced, high growth company experience; preferably with Cloud, Cybersecurity and/or SaaS
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially at the executive level
- Solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- 8-10 years of progressive channel development experience
- Dell experience required, preferably 3-4 years with a manufacturer calling into Dell Enterprise and/or Dell SLED
- University (Bachelor’s) degree or equivalent education
- Must have strong proficiency with various software applications including Google G-Suite and Salesforce.com
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.Our Commitment
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.