Senior Java Cloud Backend Engineer (Public Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The public cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years and as more enterprises use public cloud, there is a critical need for creative engineers to help develop software to prevent cyberthreats within the cloud environment. In this role, you will develop security disciplines to tackle real-world problems and critical cybersecurity challenges.
You love to code and build exceptional products, and you bring new ideas to all facets of software development. You are highly technical, understands cloud technologies, and understands the complex world of cloud eco-systems and integrations. You love solving challenges for our customers in complex environments, and you aren’t deterred by the fact that much of this technology just has not been done before. In fact, you like the prospect of the challenge.
- Complete the software development life cycle including requirement analysis, design, development, deployment, and support
- Write clean, testable, readable, scalable and maintainable Java code that scales and performs well for thousands of customers
- Participate actively and contribute to design and development discussions
- Develop solid understanding and ability to explain advanced Cloud Computing and Cloud Security concepts to others
- Communicate goals clearly and desired outcomes to internal project teams
- Interview, mentor and coach new team members
- Career level experience building web applications in Java/J2EE
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing, etc.)
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s and Soap web services
- Knowledge with open source frameworks/servers (Spring, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat)
- Experience with distributed computing (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem) and/or distributed DB/KVP (Cassandra, MongoDB, RedShift, Vertica, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL (including window functions, recursion, etc.) and no-SQL technologies
- Familiar with AWS and/or GCP/Azure
- Experience working on Big data computing like RDS, Redshift and open source databases like Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra, Spark, Hadoop, and others are a big plus
The Public Cloud Security team is responsible for building products that protect data, workloads, and infrastructure for some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. We help the customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises leverage public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud. With the recent acquisition of two leading companies in this space - RedLock, and Evident.io, Palo Alto Networks is the market leader in this space. This engineering group is part of our recent acquisition of RedLock and Evident.io.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.