At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Professional Services Program Manager will lead services projects as part of the delivery cycle, including handling all deployment resources and ensuring that all deliverables are met and delivered on-time and under budget. This person will drive customer deployment projects including program, process initiatives, as well as partner with IT on systems and infrastructure processes.
- Determine project partners and team structure/organization partners will include technical and business resources
- In conjunction with project partners, help ensure definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Develop project timeline and landmarks using appropriate tools and techniques
- Build and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities and tasks
- Run day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Work on services operational projects that target new services IP delivery, partner communications, scheduling, etc.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Effectively apply our methodology and implement project standards
- Minimize our exposure and risk on all projects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- 8+ years of related work experience or leading complex projects desired
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates, and utilization
- Strong proficiency with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, @task, or Liquid Planner
- Good presentation skills including written, oral, presentation (including Microsoft PowerPoint), and adaptive (multi-level)
- Good organizational skills including tool utilization (spreadsheets, project management tools, mind maps), information collection, attention to detail, and prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills including appreciation and the ability to elicit collaboration from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; able to promptly and expertly react to project adjustments and alterations
- Project Management Institute PMP(r) certification or equivalent a plus
Our professional services team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our professional services team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.