Senior Financial Analyst, G&A
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a finance professional to join its G&A Finance team as a Senior Finance Analyst supporting the Legal and Finance teams. We’re looking for a self-starter with strong analytical skills, strong working knowledge/understanding of financial statements, an effective communicator, and a leader passionate for driving change in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
● Understand business landscape and partner with Legal and Finance leaders to align on business & financial goals
● Forecast headcount and expense, ensuring data visibility and accuracy, as well as providing insightful and actionable metrics and recommendations to business partners
● Deliver monthly/quarterly quantitative and qualitative analysis of the financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted
● Build, manage and maintain models including spend dashboards, forecasting and headcount planning
● Build strong business relationships with various business entities and drive projects cross functionally
● Work with the finance, accounting and the financial system teams to continually improve financial processes
● Create executive management packages, providing insightful, actionable metrics and recommendations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
● Ad hoc and regular analyses of the business to drive high corporate performance and to assist with executive decision-making
● BA/BS in Business/Finance/Accounting with 5+ years of finance related experience; advanced degrees/MBA a plus
● Strong business sense with ability to assess business situations, draw conclusions and make recommendations
● Advanced Microsoft Office and system skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models
● Critical thinker with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
● Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
● Team player, independent thinker, and communicator with high intellectual and emotional intelligence
● Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment, with a positive attitude
● Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint, experience with SAP, BPC a plus
● Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills, with understanding of software, appliances and/or internet industry business models
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact — this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.