People Manager, Cloud Security Engineering - PRISMA ACCESS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a Manager for our Customer Success Engineering team. You will be responsible for managing a team of Customer Success Engineers (CSE) who enable customer success with our award-winning network security products. In this high growth business; scaling, optimization, dynamic spirit and sustained performance are the essentials. You will have responsibility for a team of CSE’s and is expected to implement and optimize performance that will keep Palo Alto Networks at the forefront in the industry.
As the CSE Manager, you will drive the team to in-depth knowledge of the indicators of success, utilizing data and your analytical aptitudes to guide changes, updates, and improvements. In this role, you will also work closely with the customer CISOs, security architects, security engineers, and development operations teams within mid-to-large enterprises, so you'll need to feel confident presenting implementation plans to all ranges of technical ability.
- Customer Escalation Management, triage, prioritize issues, negotiate customer priorities and manage expectations
- Build strong relationships with sales, customers, and partners
- Drive Performance metrics CSAT, Renewal rate, Upsell / Cross-sell lead identification, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
- Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Assist customers in implementing custom integrations and workflows to ensure Palo Alto Networks solutions are fully integrated into their security operations center
- Be the first line of defense in solving customer support requests, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams
- Coach customers on how to establish and lead their Cloud Security Change Management/Governance/Center of Excellence program
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan
- Be Go-To customer authority on Palo Alto Networks public cloud security solutions and become a Subject Matter guide over time
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- You will be measured by the ability to achieve customer satisfaction goals
- Ensure that engineers have the resources and processes necessary to ensure success and sustained performance through release cycles
- Mature and experienced guidance and direction to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives and maximize engineer opportunity to exceed targets and earn rewards and recognition
- Responsibility for the team to meet organizational goals such as response time and resolve time goals
- Directly provide and otherwise ensure appropriate technical and soft skills training and mentoring
- Ensure training is effectively addressing our goal to create a learning environment and maximizing customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure that consistent and standard onboarding training programs are used and delivered effectively
- Set team goals in-line with overall organizational goals
- Set specific goals for direct reports
- Perform reviews of all direct reports; set quarterly SMART goals and provide regular feedback on performance with respect to agreed upon goals
- 5+ years experience in managing Technical Support, Consulting or Customer Success Engineering team
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent
- Strong consulting and project management skills, with shown results working as a trusted advisor to drive business value for customers, including the ability to work well with client teams at different levels of technical and non-technical depth
- Technical experience in the Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) or Network Security Industry
- Consistent record of handling customer escalations, stabilizing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions
- Flexibility for travel up to 30%
Our Customer Success team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.