Engineering Manager (SaaS Security)
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The SaaS Security team at Palo Alto Networks is looking for a well-seasoned engineering leader to run their sustaining engineering team. The sustaining engineering team is a classic engineering team with responsibilities at par with the other engineering teams but with more immediate impact to customers. They follow the same processes, use the same tools, follow trunk based development practices, and share the same roadmap. This is a unique opportunity to lead a strong team working on a fast-growing SaaS product and scale it to new heights, but also be closer to customers. We are looking for someone with proven experience growing and mentoring teams and has built and operated SaaS services at scale.
- Lead a growing team of 5-7 engineers to build a highly functioning full stack engineering team
- Drive a results-oriented culture with a strong focus on execution, quality, and speed
- Hands-on technical leader who can guide the team through tough architectural decisions and communicate effectively with customers
- Strong partner to peer teams such as Dev Ops, other engineering teams and with customer success teams
- Strong focus on quality and deliverables
- Evangelize the vision internally and externally
- Represent the team and product, and all levels
- Work closely with the product management organization to influence, develop and deliver on roadmaps
- Recognize process gaps early and able to motivate change to achieve better outcomes
- Strong mentor and coach to the team
- Foster innovation in the organization
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and leading full stack engineering teams (5+ engineers)
- Knowledge building high volume, high scale, SaaS products
- Experience with Java and Python
- Understanding of big data and NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch, Mongo, Cassandra etc.
- Strong experience with distributed system architecture, high availability and fault tolerance
- Familiarity with the public cloud ecosystem
- Track record of recruiting top talent to build and scale teams
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to weigh conflicting priorities and make quick decisions in a dynamic environment
- Strong communicator
- Ability to evangelize ideas at all levels
- Strategic thinker with the ability to execute the vision
- Has experience building security products and well versed with the security landscape
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts