Cloud Solutions Architect (Developer Relations)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a cloud solutions architect you will be responsible for finding innovative ways of designing, and automating the Palo Alto Networks platform. You will work closely with external parties as their primary point of contact for feedback and resolution of technical issues, and will be their advocate for issues that require assistance from the HQ. Limited travel is required, International travel will also be required as necessary.
- Staying on top of technology trends, and developments
- Act as influencer for product managers and trusted advisor for engineers
- Evangelize and define product vision and direction
- Implement and develop compelling POCs demonstrating current product usage and future possibilities
- Present in front of the large audience at various technology conferences
- Contribute to open source and especially within cloud technologies
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as an software engineer, integrator, sysadmin, or dev(sec)ops
- Hands on experience with public or private cloud
- Self motivated and driven individual
- Visionary and ‘think outside of the box’ personality
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally - capable of presenting to technical as well as 'C' level audiences
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Quick learner with desire to learn new technologies all the time
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in working with partners
- Ideal candidates will have a strong devops background and will have implemented automated solutions at scale on public cloud infrastructure
- Candidates possess good working knowledge of network infrastructure and security
- Practical experience with developing and scripting and experience in software engineering methodologies
- Open source contributor a plus
- CNCF engagements a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.