Services Account Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Services Account Manager (SAM) will engage to personalize their customers’ experience and ensure a successful Palo Alto Networks deployment. You will develop a working partnership to share best practice and mitigate risk for their customers. You will effectively become a virtual part of their customers’ teams, as well as the Palo Alto Networks account and support delivery teams. You will engage dedicatedly with the customer to align Palo Alto Networks technology with business and technical needs. You will provide escalation management for any technical issues encountered with their customers’ enterprise deployment, resulting in faster time to value.
Do you have a deep understanding of customer’s business challenges and objectives as well as their technical environment, in order to provide technical solutions and escalation management to their designated accounts? If so, this could be the role for you.
- Work with your accounts to develop and maintain effective working relationships with company leaders
- Work with internal partners strategically to inform the product direction on behalf of your customers
- Provide critical support services, monitor complex issues and work closely with the Customer support and Engineering teams to utilize proper resolution processes
- Conduct on-site visits to build familiarity with your customer's environment
- Document onsite visits, meetings/actions, customer interactions, and technical environment details
- Identify new business opportunities for our company with your clients with a solution
- Knowledge management within our Technical Services, particularly with respect to customer case studies, experiences, and improved standard methodologies
- Own the overall post-sales technical relationship with named customers and be responsible for total customer experience for those assigned accounts. This will involve orchestrating the engagement across multiple stakeholders e.g. customer, partner/SI and multiple functions within Palo Alto Networks
- Ensure the SAM engagement with each customer is planned and documented in a tailored customer support plan, which is executed on and regularly reviewed throughout the engagement
- Independently manage complex customer situations, coordinating the actions of the Account Team, Palo Alto Networks Technical Services (including partner resources where appropriate), and Palo Alto Networks Engineering
- Communicate dedicatedly with accounts regarding product and program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans where appropriate
- Become a trusted advisor for customers on how to best leverage Palo Alto Networks and when to introduce appropriate services and/or partner resources
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current Palo Alto Networks products and their business applications
- Collect and maintain useful information regarding customer implementation, technical environment, and business priorities, and share internally as appropriate on behalf of the customer
- Facilitate strategic quarterly business reviews to align business and technical goals with Palo Alto Networks plans
- 5+ years’ experience in technical support and/or professional services within the high-tech industry preferred
- 5+ years of client facing sales experience and/or services delivery roles
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- Shown ability to prioritize within a demanding workload and consistently deliver results
- Broad technical knowledge of heterogeneous environments used by Enterprise Accounts
- Previous account management experience required, with the achievement of goals relating to customer happiness and account development
- Written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences, and also explain impact in business terms
- Ability to summarize a situation clearly for executives within Palo Alto Networks or customer organization, and confident in delivering presentations to a senior audience
- Willingness and ability to travel (occasionally at short notice), provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities
- Project Management and/or service delivery qualifications (such as PRINCE2 or ITIL)
- Technical experience in the Network Security Industry
- Experience as a network administrator (or equivalent) in an NT or Unix environment
- Knowledge of Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Background in debugging broad, complex, and unusual networks with mixed media and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to handle critical issues, drive discussion and present internal and customer issues at the executive level
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.