VAT and Compliance Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a top-notch VAT Manager for the EMEA region, to join Palo Alto Network’s Headquarters in Amsterdam and will be responsible for all aspects of VAT planning, reporting, and compliance in EMEA. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with cross functional teams, comfortable working with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment. This position is based in Amsterdam and reporting to Senior Director of international Tax based in Silicon Valley and will closely collaborate with the accounting resources within the EMEA region.
The VAT Manager will have in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, will monitor indirect tax law and provide updates on current and upcoming global, EU and country specific legislation.
- Serve as a Point of Contact for the indirect tax matters in EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam
- Ensure full compliance, administration, and reporting of indirect tax, monitor regulatory requirements and deadlines, manage reporting and payments
- Coordinate and review VAT compliance across subsidiaries and foreign registrations with internal team and external service providers
- Provide guidance, for preparation and maintenance of all VAT Compliance related documentation (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Maintain global tax calendar, coordinate internally and with outside service provides regarding filing obligations and due dates to ensure accurate and timely filing of returns
- Research, interpret and evaluate the tax impact of proposed indirect tax legislation on company transactions to ensure compliance across the region
- Collaborate with accounting team to design and set-up for each of the VAT accounting related processes in the Palo Alto Networks SAP ERP system and any other VAT related tools and systems.
- Provide training and ongoing support to finance staff, AP, AR organizations and other internal stakeholders as required
- Review monthly VAT output and input GL account reconciliations together with the accounting team.
- Managing relationships with tax authorities in respect of VAT, respond to any indirect tax related inquiries, coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external indirect tax reviews and audits
- Assist in the implementation of online Marketplace from global indirect tax requirements to ensure compliance with e-services tax requirements in local jurisdictions
- Providing VAT support on transactions and tax planning projects, supporting business initiatives
- Implement new/improve existing VAT processes and procedures to mitigate risk and maximize recovery
- Support Global expansion, assist with tax research of local country tax requirements, analysis of tax consequences of expansion to new regions, transactions, and projects relating to other business initiatives.
- Maintain appropriate SOX documentation and performance of key indirect tax process SOX controls
- 7-8 years of experience specific to Indirect Tax
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand the processes and systems
- Prior experience working with a BIG 4 or law firm within an indirect tax team
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.