Channel Business Manager, Singapore
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Channel Business Manager (CBM), you will center your role on relationship management to achieve measurable results in increased revenue, market share, and depth within each partner sales team. Your success in this role will span the creation and execution of unique business plans with each potential. You’ll be measured primarily on the joint business executed with each partner. You’ll working within all levels of large partner organizations and possess a commitment that focusses developing partnerships based on a long term, “outcome where everybody wins” strategy.
- Understand the Business of your selected Resellers and Distributors(s)
- Evaluation of their Management Team’s strength, as well as their Credit and Financial stability
- Provide updates to company’s Executives when necessary
- Analysis of their Return on Working Capital to enable learned discussions on increased profitability
- Understand if the Solution Provider has Vertical / Horizontal expertise
- Develop clear value propositions, differentiation and strengths
- Define their addressable market and quantify the share of that market
- Evaluation of Sales skills and capabilities, are they focused on retaining, developing or acquiring business (RAD framework)
- Evaluation of Technology skills and capabilities, can they introduce new products to open new market sectors
- Continual awareness of percentage of company revenue from portfolio
- Understand their compensation structure and articulate rewards of over achievement for both the team and the individual when positioning company’s product
- Knowledgeable of distribution inventory turns, optimization and POS reporting requirements
- Agree and create strategic plans that address all functional areas of their business; to include SMART* objectives for Sales, Marketing and Services
- Undertake QBR and regular business reviews with your Partners to ensure successful completion of objectives as outlined within the strategic plan
- Review sales data to understand trends and propose appropriate strategies to increase revenue and margin attainment; focus should be on product blend (revenue / units), number of deal registrations per month/quarter, percentage of sales with partner led, service attach rates and average discount to end customer
- Weekly review and presentation of key deals, pipeline, funnel management that supports the forecast
- Detailed reporting and maintenance of Salesforce.com
- Encourage/ lobby the reseller sales force to execute upon the agreed business plan to achieve forecasted financial targets
- Together with the reseller management regularly confirm all members of their team are aware and working towards the agreed objectives of the plan
- Identification and relationship building with top performing Sales employees, goal being to focus their attention on positioning company’s solutions over any alternative offering
- Train sales and technical teams to competently up sell/cross sell company’s solutions including possible integration with alliance platforms
- Accountable for the High Touch Account Mapping & Engagement between Palo Alto Networks and the reseller, review feedback between both teams on a regular basis
- Drive regular customer demonstrations and evaluate win ratio against blind pricing opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate company’s pull through ratio is helpful
- Provide regular updates on company’s Primary Initiatives, Promotions and Pricing that may help in the execution of the overall plan. These should also be highlighted at every QBR
- Review adoption rate of Promotions and seek feedback from Partner on success and how they could be improved to increase effectiveness
- Responsible for partner being certified and having a clear program via company education to maintain/improve both sales and technical competence
- Liaise with Channel Marketing to understand partners Joint Marketing Funds (JMF) and how they will be utilized to deliver agreed business objectives
- Responsible for Partner having a clear understanding of company’s product and services roadmap and effectively introduce new solutions into their portfolio
- Reseller and company CBM to have detailed understanding of the offerings provided by company’s competitors and have ability to articulate our competitive advantage
- Training and positioning Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI) tools should occur regularly
- Accountability for all engagement between company and the reseller; to include Sales, Marketing, Services, Finance, Engineering, and Regional Executive Management
- Develop new Partner relationships that lead to achievement of the Regional Growth Plan
- Work closely with the Director Channels APAC and RSD for the identification, analysis and appointment of suitable Solution Providers that adhere to the Business Plan set out by the RSD and Channels Director
- Education to degree level in business or similar discipline
- 5 +years of sales experience in a hi-tech environment
- 3 +years in indirect sales with proven experience in channel management with System Integrators and/or Value Added Resellers
- Experience managing distributors global and local
- Confirmed sales campaign management abilities. Experience of using and implementing structured sales techniques spanning the entire sales cycle i.e. identification and qualification of opportunities, business development, order fulfillment and ongoing account management
- Understanding of Gross Margin and Margin Blend
- Demonstrable track record of campaign delivery. You're able to use a wide range of skills (listening, questioning, qualifying, gaining commitment, negotiating, summarizing, closing etc.) in order to achieve targets
- Results oriented with a shown ability to deliver against stretch targets
- Maturity to display natural team leadership as well as teammate skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills with the ability to influence at senior levels within a Partner organization
- Commercially astute, promote, and sell the company offer on a conceptual basis and through highlighting business benefit as well as product features
- Basic understanding of the Market opportunity that the new Partner will deliver on. Example: by horizontal, vertical and product
- Ability to scope and build Business Plan to support onboarding of proposed Partner
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve deeply complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.