Intern - Frontier Threat Research Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a talented and motivated intern who will be able to conceive, design, implement and evaluate systems to detect and prevent various threats in the security landscape.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● Opportunities to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
Enhance product security through active research involving:
● Vulnerability discovery and Exploitation development
● Linux system internals
● Enterprise Cloud Services
● Have great passion and be highly self-motivated in security research
● Able to read C programming language and familiar with C debugging techniques
● knowledge of binary exploitation: memory corruption, use-after-free, race conditions
● Knowledge of web attacks: cross-site scripting, SQL injection, CSRF
● Familiarity with computer networking and network protocols
● Familiar with Linux operating system
● Able to document and communicate findings efficiently
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
As a member of the Frontier Threat Research team, you will be responsible for helping us secure our next generation devices and cloud services through active research. The research areas include vulnerability discovery, reverse engineering, code audit, exploitation development, web security, and network security
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.