Manager, Support Delivery (Academy Enablement)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced enterprise Support Delivery Manager. You will be responsible for enabling customer success with our award-winning network security products. In this high growth business, scaling, optimization, dynamic spirit and sustained performance are essential. The Support Delivery team is a high-performing group of engineers supporting business critical customer environments and you will be responsible for the performance of our front-line support delivery team and expected to implement, as well as optimize, delivery excellence which will help keep our company at the forefront of our industry. Additionally, you are someone with the experience and drive to help expand our Technical Assistance Center Academy program, designed to identify and train new Engineers to be successful within Palo Alto Networks.
- Achieve customer satisfaction goals, make our customers successful
- Handle daily case inflow, backlogs, updates, engineer alignment, case critical issue solutions and other applicable Technical Assistance Center dashboards and measurements
- Ensure your team managers, leads and engineers have the resources, multi-functional relationships and processes necessary to ensure successful and sustained performance through release cycles
- Provide experienced guidance to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives
- Maximize engineer opportunities to exceed targets as well as earn rewards and recognition
- Help your team meet organizational goals such as response and resolution time goals
- Provide and ensure appropriate technical and soft skills training as well as mentoring
- Ensure training effectively addresses our goal to create and encourage a collaborative learning environment while maximizing customer satisfaction
- Ensure consistent and standard training programs are in place and delivered effectively
- Set team goals in-line with overall organizational goals, monitor specific goals and objectives for direct reports and provide regular feedback related to performance with respect to agreed goals
- Measure and monitor performance as well as conduct annual reviews of all direct reports
- Assist in enabling and expanding various educational efforts and programs to enhance candidate sourcing and ensure consistent training across organizations globally
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- 10+ years-experience in enterprise support and service delivery preferred
- Prior management experience leading a team of technical support engineers with abilities ranging from new in career to advanced
- Experience developing, launching, expanding, and maintaining global technical education programs, including traditional methods of learning as well as dynamic techniques and certifications
- Technical experience in the Network Security Industry
- Experience as a network administrator (or equivalent) in Windows, Linux or Unix environment
- Knowledge of Network Security (Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN routers - Checkpoint, Juniper (Netscreen), Fortinet, Cisco)
- Background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies
- Background in debugging broad, complex, and unique networks with mixed media and protocols
Our technical support team is essential to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.