Business Operations Analyst (NPI)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Business Operations Analyst to join the New Product Introduction team. We’re looking for someone with strong business process management skills, technical skills, who is a self-starter, a great communicator, has a demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization, and is passionate about learning in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
This role will report into the Product Management R&D group. Palo Alto Networks is a product management driven organization. As a result, you will play a key role in the product management team and will work very closely with counterparts in Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Channels, IT, Operations (including Trade Compliance, Logistics, Planning and Order Fulfillment), Global Customer Support, Tax, Revenue, and Executive Management to align technical solutions with business needs. Your primary focus is to improve the efficiency of our Go to Market activities for new product and service offerings by standardizing business operations flows and leveraging business analysis frameworks that link the key business processes and enterprise systems together. You will work in conjunction with the Program Manager and help drive program activities to support delivery of a portfolio of new Product and Service offerings with aggressive delivery timelines.
Your Impact· Engage with Product Managers to intimately understand and document product requirements
· Build consensus from cross-functional leads on business requirements
· Assist in documenting cross-functional business requirements and develop user stories
· Work with assigned Program Managers to set up test data and scenarios for UAT
· Work with Product Managers and Program Manager to ensure adherence to NPI Business Standards and identify deviations from defined standards
· Work with business partners to develop a standard set of test cases that can be leveraged across offerings to improve efficiency.
· Partner with IT to leverage automation for items such as regression testing to improve overall quality when projects are ready for UAT.
· For assigned projects, perform QA by performing systems and integration testing, and document test results. Partner with IT, as needed, to avoid duplicate test efforts.
· Identify bugs and work with IT to drive to closure.
· Participate in IT and Engineering discussions to understand and influence integration elements between business systems and product. Apply this knowledge during business requirements definition to ensure seamless integration of front and back end business systems.
· Help define product use cases and confirm business requirements account for the various use cases.
· Capture the tactical and strategic product goals that provide traceability through the organization and map to metrics.
· Bachelors Degree and 5 years relevant work experience with experience working with teams in support of launching new products or services.
· At least 3 years of demonstrated experience with lead to cash flows – Configuring SKUs , Quoting, Finance, Billing and other backend processes.
· Experience with processes and product offerings that include recurring revenue and billing streams.
· Experience writing User Stories, converting business requirements to User Stories for development.
· Experience with Confluence and JIRA is highly desired.
· A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes, and enabling technologies .
· Demonstrated working knowledge of systems supporting high technology business processes. CRM, Planning, Licensing, Support Enablement systems
· Prior experience with Salesforce, Steelbrick CPQ, or SAP preferred
· Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
· Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
· The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and workflow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery
· Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
· Good working knowledge of Google Suite of Productivity Tools.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.