Senior Director Public Cloud Sales - APAC
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
The Senior Director of Public Cloud Sales is regarded as being highly strategic to the company and the Public Cloud initiative in regard to strategy, influence and execution. You will be responsible for providing leadership, management and strategy for sales go-to-market engagement and all joint activities to support the Public Cloud business. You will have a multitude of different responsibilities to ensure the theater is meeting and exceeding any assigned goals, quotas and objectives.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Vice President of APAC Sales, but will have several dotted line coordination requirements for consistent communication and engagement with the Worldwide Vice President of Public Cloud Sales, Marketing Business Development, Channels, Inside Sales and Product Marketing/Development. You will lead a team of in-theater direct reports including Public Cloud Channel and Engagement Managers.
- Lead and manage all Public Cloud sales activities and go-to-market strategies for APAC
- Track all opportunities, pipeline and bookings and provide forecasts and funnel management reports
- Lead and run all aspects of the organization in a direct line model consisting of Public Cloud Engagement Managers and Channel Managers
- Ensure strong activity in sales opportunities, account mapping and other sales engagements between field sales and the organization
- Support field sales organization on all Public Cloud requirements including customer activities and meetings, channel partner engagement and strategies and support of Marketing events
- Coordinate activities with the theater’s Public Cloud virtual team of Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, Channels and Sales within cloud strategy
- Develop annual strategic plan and performance goals for their sales initiative
- Provide support and coordination with Public Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud to ensure tight alignment and joint strategy
- Understand and articulate the Public Cloud product and solutions and be an expert in Public Cloud
- Assist with providing content for Public Cloud training curriculum and sales enablement at the direction of Sales Enablement
- Act as a central spokesperson for all Public Cloud events, trainings, internal functions and other speaking opportunities
- Help provide insight in the support of Public Cloud events and attend/participate in the events
- Responsible for the organization strategy and all headcount and staffing requirements and will work closely with the SVP of APAC Sales on staffing strategies and budgeting
- Demonstrate thought leadership and a deep understanding of the go-to-market strategies including co-selling, tactical planning and goal setting, channel programs, marketing campaigns and programs, strategic events and funnel management
- Leading the organization, ensuring sufficient bookings and pipeline, customer engagements, channel partner uplift, and the optimization of all assigned Public Cloud resources
- Contribute to the larger Public Cloud strategy outside of their day-to-day activities and utilized for your subject matter expertise in trainings, QBRs, enablement, and other engagement activities
- Set quarterly goals and will coordinate and support the other sales leaders within the senior sales staff on all organizational issues and opportunities
- BA, BS or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Sales Leadership – consistent track record of success and overachievement in performance
- Confirmed in depth experience in leading APAC sales organizations – deep understanding of each region of APAC
- Sales experience within Public Cloud, including SaaS, subscription and marketplace licensing models is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the Public Cloud market and economics including but not limited to difference in cloud models, providers, technical architectures and drivers is preferred
- Validated channel experience including selling with, engaging and using channel partners
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Networks roadmap and technology development efforts
- Existing relationships with AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud is a plus
- Established strategic execution including the building of sales and staffing plans and strategies
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to our customer base and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual and matrix environment
- Proven ability to handle a myriad of different disciplines and tasks in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- 50%+ Travel with ability to travel internationally
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including a dedicated systems engineer, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing sales person – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.