Sr. Manager, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this newly created opportunity, we are looking for an extraordinary Sr. Manager, Global Security Operations Center, with a passion for protecting corporate assets, to include people, property and information. You will build a program to operate a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) focused on protecting Palo Alto Networks and its people, property, and assets around the world. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Safety & Security, you will work closely with IT, Risk Management, Facilities, InfoSec, HR and Legal. We are seeking a colleague who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a fast-paced and dynamic company.
- Creativity counts! Work with senior leadership – and ultimately every employee – to translate company culture, values, and strategies into practical application for safety and security. We don’t want static “standards”, but we do want to clearly articulate certain principles and guidelines, as well as a continuously-evolving collection of best practices
- Build out the GSOC function to be the central hub of all things Safety and Security
- Work closely with the SAS Ops team to prioritize program development and drive alignment across all Global SAS stakeholders
- Build world-class Intelligence, Analytics and Operations functions under the GSOC umbrella
- Using excellent communication skills, develop policy and standards that provide a consistent bar for safety and security Globally
- Use data, metrics and qualitative feedback to make sound strategic decisions and show ROI
- Manage tools, vendors, and stakeholders to provide a frictionless customer experience when engaging with the GSOC
- Act as the Global ‘face’ for incident management, build an internal brand and consistently raise the bar
- Represent Palo Alto Networks in certain external forums where our SAS program is a focus and leverage regular external interactions to keep Palo Alto Networks on the “leading-edge” of best practices in workplace safety and security
- Drive both cost and operational efficiency through the program as it scales, while also continuously innovating
- Be a champion for diversity and inclusion
- Other duties, projects, and initiatives as assigned
- Broad exposure to both security and safety-related requirements, as well as strong business acumen skills
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a corporate security environment
- Previous military or law enforcement a big plus
- Recent experience running a successful GSOC program in a comparable environment
- Ability to build the GSOC program with growth and change in mind Capable of leading the efforts to differentiate our offices from other companies, from the perspective of both customers and employees
- Excellent decision-making skills and critical thinking
- Understand and advise the company as it relates to matters of compliance, efficiency and industry standards
- Comfortable enough to constantly adapt to the terrain and circumstances of a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of relevant products and vendors
- Ability to set, manage, and deliver within a reasonable budget, as well as the ability to make decisions and trade-offs based on holistic financial metrics
- Detail-oriented, and have both left-brain and right-brain strengths
- Advanced soft skills are required
- Superior language, written and oral, communication skills required
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism
- Infrequent travel required
- Dynamic and team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of contractual and related matters.
- Comfortable with ambiguity
The Workplace Resource team constantly strives to make our work environment comfortable, effective, productive and appealing. The workplace has a direct impact on your happiness, productivity, and how we accomplish our mission. As a team, we take care of the day to day facilities services throughout our organization. We own the build-out projects while maintaining a productive, innovative environment for the business to work in.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.