At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
You will work with your sales partner to establish relationships with customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches by advising them on what applications to deploy from the Palo Alto Networks platform. Our systems engineers have a deep technical understanding of cybersecurity products, integrations, and the critical cyberthreats facing our potential customer’s environments.
We need these technical specialists to work with our sales teams, providing training and technical support. You build trust with our clients and teams, establishing strong rapport as a trusted advisor, and build an environment where our clients feel (and are) secure. Additionally, you'll be called upon to offer feedback to our product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base.
- Work with account executives and internal partners (Product Management, Support, Marketing & others) to ensure that the solution work aligns with our market goals and product capabilities and roadmaps
- Present to customers at all levels in the hierarchy (from engineering team members to CIO) the solution and benefits
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our value
- Work with customers in a persuasive manner
- Help customers embrace Palo Alto Networks offerings
- Provide technical demos to prospective customers
- Run Proof-of-Value (POVs) to ensure the customers’ requirements are exceeded
- Working with Product Management, Consulting Engineering, Technical Marketing and R&D to craft requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and improved methodology guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the pre-sales process.
- Provide demos for prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s
- Attend advanced SE training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- BSCS or equivalent and 7+ years of experience as a system engineer, solutions architect, or systems integrator
- Deep understanding of Security & technologies around the same
- Tunneling protocols such as: SSL/TLS, IPSec, GRE
- Authentication methodologies, including 2FA, RADIUS, LDAP, AD
- IP Routing: BGP, Static, Network Address Translation
- SD-WAN Architectures and providers
- Deep understanding on CASB solutions / technology
- Certificate Management
- Next Generation Firewall capabilities, configuration and deployment
- Understanding of cloud i.e. IAAS / PAAS / SAAS
- PANOS knowledge will be advantages
- Experience working with customers, positioning, demonstrating, configuring and fixing any network infrastructure security product issues
- Proven ability to work within small creative teams as well as cross functional teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills both verbally and written
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
- Very strong organizational skills
- Ambitious attitude and self-motivated
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach is a plus
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space is a plus
- Experience installing and configuring a security solution, CASB solutions etc is a plus
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, and etc.: their creation and activation is a plus
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.