At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced finance professional to join the team as a Director, FP&A. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the VP of Corporate Finance and is responsible for providing key topline and profitability insights that will drive executive decision-making at the corporate level.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s business model and GTM strategy
- Manage and drive the company’s planning and forecasting processes around bookings to billings to revenue and gross margins
- Provide a Corporate Finance viewpoint on the short-term and long-term bookings outlook factoring in pipeline analytics, internal programs and initiatives, external market factors, and key business model drivers and levers
- Manage the cross-functional landing the quarter process
- Own company reporting process for topline metrics, including revenue, billings, standard margin, bookings, and SaaS metrics
- Demonstrate strong analytical capabilities and provide financial modeling and analysis to support tactical and strategic decision making
- Build strong cross-functional business partner relationships to effectively influence and manage upstream business levers and activities
- Provide a high level of thought process to drive improvement; proactively recommend areas for improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure
- Develop complex analytical financial model designs and applications
- Understand how to apply analytics on structured and unstructured data
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent (MBA or CPA preferred)
- 10-15 years of FP&A related experience with a record of strong achievement, including 5+ years leading and managing teams
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Ability to meet timelines, prioritize business needs, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player with excellent communication skills with all levels of organization
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with CRM, planning, and ERP systems such as Salesforce, SAP, BPC, and Tableau
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Self-motivated, energetic, and positive attitude
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with number daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.