Software Engineer (DevOps)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer in DevOps that has experience maintaining SaaS applications on public cloud platforms. Be part of a team responsible for building our latest SaaS and Public Cloud security management products. Our fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise cloud and data center deployments.
- Design, build, maintain, and scale production services in public cloud environments
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Focus on operations
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the ground up
- Develop tools for enabling CI/CD, automated testing and release management
- Troubleshoot incidents, formulate theories and test your hypothesis, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
- Postmortem reviews and remediation recommendation
- Mentor and train junior DevOps engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a developer with at least 3 years in a DevOps role
- Experience with DevOps orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Spinnaker)
- Experience in building scalable dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting SaaS applications
- Experience with GCP or AWS
- Strong coding skills in Go, Python or other scripting languages
- Understanding and experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Bamboo, MySQL
- Familiarity with middleware software such as Nginx, HA Proxy, RabbitMQ, and other
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve issues related to systems or networking quickly
- Knowledgeable about collecting metrics, measuring systems and interpreting data to make decisions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple issues
- Deployment Terraform, Monitor Prometheus, Dashboard Grafana
- Components used in the public cloud environment is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.