Senior Manager Full-Stack Engineering (Consumer Products)
This role will be responsible for the architecture, selection and implementation of all consumer facing experiences and cloud systems to support a new direct-to-consumer commerce channel. This individual will own both the internal hiring plan for frontend and backend developers, and project overflow resourcing strategy. This individual should lead both technical design and implementation, and define the hiring plan and strategy for a nascent software development team. This role will be critical in interacting with cross-functional teams, Marketing, Product, Ops and Finance to ensure developed solutions accommodate their requirements and processes and provide users the best commerce and support experience in industry.
- Work with the GTM and product teams to define the services and architecture needed to provide a seamless commerce and connected device experience
- Articulate the different back office systems and architecture to service internal business partners and their processes
- Lead the vendor selection / technology evaluation process
- Define the SDLC process and flows
- Design and implement monitoring and logging across the system for both internal and external services and vendor integrations
- Develop and grow talent in your organization through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning, and retention in a fast growth, highly competitive economic environment.
- Experience with Web frontend technologies (HTML, CSS, JS) and frameworks (e.g., React / Angular, VueJS)
- Experience with server-side frameworks (NodeJS, Go)
- Experience architecting cloud systems with microservices
- Experience with public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Extensive data modeling and design experience
- Experience with data warehousing and analytics
- Experience with eCommerce a plus
- Experience building and managing frontend and backend teams and external development resources
- Agile / SCRUM experience preferred
- Self-motivated team player with clear and effective communications skills; solid time management & organization skills; ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- Strong attention to details is essential. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance and instruction to users.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and lack of guidance