Escalation Engineer (based in Singapore)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Engineering TAC team is an exciting crossroads between Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and Engineering. The team is empowered to drive decisions and to be the thought leaders within the Global Customer Support organization at Palo Alto Networks. On any given day members of the team may work with new products and software very early in the new product introduction (NPI) process, provide training, assist a support engineer with a customer issue, replicate a complex issue in our lab, evaluate customer network design or help improve features for supportability and usability. We are a relatively small global team and will only consider the top people from a support or engineering background. You are a good candidate if you are excellent at working with many cross-functional teams such as developers, product management, sales and also customers. In particular, you will be able to work on a wide variety of cloud and hypervisor ecosystems including VMware/NSX, KVM/Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
● Enablement of the TAC teams - assist with ad hoc Q&A but this also includes some structured training throughout the year
● Ownership of critical issues. This doesn’t mean being responsible for the case, the focus is on the technical driver of the case the customer calls about. This usually means working with the TAC case owner and development engineering on a replication or verification and communicating updates
● New product development - combine the responsibility of continuing our state-of-the-art technical knowledge and skills learned from prior technical support, an Escalation Engineer will identify supportability and usability requirements for new products during the design phase as well as post FCS via enhancement requests
● Develop and deliver training material for TAC.
● Background in Technical Support
● Strong background in technology (BS/MS degree or similar level of experience is desirable) and broad industry experience in the telecom and or enterprise space, ideally with direct experience in firewalls
● Proficiency with TCP/IP, Layers 4-7, broad application experience, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), switching
● Hands-on experience with private and public cloud platforms such as VMware/NSX, KVM, AWS, Azure or GCP. Experience should be beyond just user admin level and include building environments from ground up, maintenance and deep troubleshooting.
● Familiarity with C and various scripting languages is a plus.
● Understand how packets go through a box. The box shouldn’t be a “black box”, you should know what is happening to a packet at different stages and how that can impact problems (end to end from the physical up to the application layer)
● Good communication skills. You’re not being hired to answer phone calls from the queue, but you will speak with customers from time to time as well as to developers and the rest of your team
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it evolves. As threats and technology change, we stay in step to accomplish our mission.
You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.