Business Systems Manager
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Business Systems Manager will act as an interface between business and technical teams to understand business needs, define requirements and implement new business processes, tools, and systems. The ideal candidate is energetic, flexible, independent and highly organized, has strong technical, project management, communication and influence skills, and brings a combination of business acumen and technical architecture understanding. The breath of the role requires partnering with all WW Operations functions (Order Fulfillment, Trade, Supply Chain, RMA, Planning, Support, Eng, Tech Ops, etc.) and across the company (Shared Services organizations - IT, HR, Finance, etc.). The role will report to the Sr. Manager of Business Systems.
- Lead through influence: Actively participate in discussions with senior business leaders making convincing arguments that inform decisions. Develop concise and compelling written communications that build the case for change and articulate solutions
- Problem solving and analytics: Understand business performance through dashboards and data that you help create or gather. Use data to recommend creative and innovative solutions. Frame issues in a compelling way and drives resolution to them, providing focused quantitative or qualitative analysis and research support as input into decision making
- Rigorous execution: Lead or co-lead strategic initiatives and discrete projects. Develop clear action plans. Suggest relevant success metrics and targets. Manage the timeline and process
- Cross-functional leadership and capability building: Build and maintain strong relationships inside and outside the organization to ensure strong collaboration, raise the profile of the business and its key projects, and capitalize on emerging opportunities
- Build, collaborate and manage relationships with customers/partners on identification, recommendation, and adoption of best practices for small to medium-sized projects
- Manifests broad domain expertise in business processes and SAP ERP systems
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the team
- Function as a stakeholder on projects, participate in management decisions and issue resolution. Stay informed on ERP technology trends and uses software industry
- Participate as a key member of the Google Cloud Platform implementation team. Successfully transition from SAP HANA to GCP within prescribed timelines
- Partner with internal business teams in developing delivery roadmaps, defining business processes and associated system requirements
- Organize and manage project work to drive predictable delivery
- Participate in system implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution)
- Support and upgrade implemented systems
- Architect innovative solutions to automate and scale business systems
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience of SOX controls, compliance and change management for business systems
- Experience with implementing and supporting business systems for Order to Cash (order capture/booking, fulfillment, billing, and revenue recognition )
- Experience with SAP ERP is a must
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to present technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Work closely with the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure alignment of plans and the deliverables of projects (including migration plans and road maps)
- Experience with Agile software development
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills; leads and influences across boundaries and considered a trusted partner to peers and executives alike
- Able to think both strategically and tactically - can devise and execute an action plan (strong process and project management skills)
- Highly self-motivated, able to manage multiple projects with little day to day direction. Able to both lead and support
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving ability
- High level of professionalism, passion, and sense of urgency
- Knowledge of architecture for BI, SAAS tools, Google Cloud Platform, SQL Query Language, ERP (e.g. SAP) and development methodologies
Our Manufacturing team has extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a dedication to success and a consistent track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management.
Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation, and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.