Senior DevOps Engineer (SRE)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Design, build, maintain, and scale production services and server farms across multiple data centers for complex and data-intensive cloud services
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the grounds up
- Work with QA on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production
- Participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure
- Tackle incidents, formulate theories, test hypotheses, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
- Write postmortem reviews and remediation recommendation
- 3+ years of experience with managing and troubleshooting production environments
- 3+ years of experience with writing Python/Go scripts
- Vast experience managing cloud environment – GCP preferred
- Extensive experience with Linux systems (shell/tools/kernel/networking)
- Broad experience working with containers - Kubernetes preferred
- Strong sense of architecture, designed and built for fault tolerance, scale, stability and enclosed within CI/CD processes
- Build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick
- You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations
- Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving and delivering results in an Agile mindset
- Good communicator in and across teams, taking the lead
- 3+ years of experience with metrics collection and alerting experience - Prometheus preferred
- Experience in one of these areas is preferred: Hadoop 2.x, Kafka, Elastic Search, HA Proxy, and typical GCP components
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to tackle problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
Our engineering team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.