Senior DevOps Engineer (SRE)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to THE best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
- Design, build, maintain, and scale production services and server farms across multiple data centers for complex and data-intensive cloud services
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, capacity, and performance
- Write automation code for provisioning and operating infrastructure at massive scale
- Work with development teams to make sure the applications fit nicely within the infrastructure and scalability/reliability is designed and implemented from the grounds up.
- Work with QA on building pipelines and automation for delivering and deploying applications to production
- Participate in the occasional on-call rotation supporting the infrastructure
- Tackle incidents, formulate theories, test hypotheses, and narrow down possibilities to find the root cause
- Write postmortem reviews and remediation recommendation
- 3+ years of experience with managing & troubleshooting production environments.
- 3+ years of experience with writing Python\Go scripts.
- 3+ years of experience with metrics collection and alerting experience - Prometheus preferred.
- Vast experience managing cloud environment – GCP preferred.
- Vast experience with Linux systems (shell/tools/kernel/networking).
- Vast experience working with containers - Kubernetes preferred.
- Strong sense of architecture, designed and built for fault tolerance, scale, stability and enclosed within CI\CD processes.
- Experience in one of these areas: Hadoop 2.x, Kafka, Elastic Search, HA Proxy, and typical GCP components.
- Tools-first mindset. Build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and to make hard or repetitive tasks easy and quick.
- You are not an operator, you’re an experienced software engineer focused on operations.
- Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving and delivering results in an Agile mindset. Good communicator in and across teams, taking the lead.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.