Intern - Information Security VM Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are seeking a motivated and forward-thinking intern to join our InfoSec Vulnerability Management team. Our VM team reduces the risk exposures impacting the Enterprise network and assets through periodic vulnerability assessments, cross-team engagements (SOC, Red Team, Threat Intelligence, Product teams), and security automation integrations.
We provide reporting, metrics, and data integrations that drive a positive impact to the security posture. The automation that we build allows our team to scale at the speed of our company’s growth while providing the strategic and tactical vulnerability exposure data to the critical stakeholders.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you with
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Develop and implement new security automation processes/playbooks
- Learn to integrate with various security tool APIs
- Conduct vulnerability scanning and reporting
- Learn technical vulnerability risk analysis standards
- Partner with the Threat Intelligence, SOC, and Red Teams
- Working towards a Computer Science or Information Security Degree
- Able to demonstrate and articulate past research or activities indicating interest and work in at least one of the subject areas above
- Programming experience (Python, Golang
- Knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of computer network defense technologies, including Router ACLs, firewalls, IDS/IPS, antivirus, and Web content filtering
- Knowledge of security-related tools, such as network/application vulnerability scanners (Rapid7, Tenable, NMAP), Information Security frameworks NIST, CIS
- Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.