Corporate Counsel, Employment
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As the Corporate Counsel Employment EMEA, you will report to and be trained by the Director, Sr Counsel Employment EMEA to provide advice and assistance on a wide range of subjects that arise within the employment life cycle of 2000+ employees across 40+ different jurisdictions. In this role, you will become familiar with employment and labor legislations, project management, risk assessment, policy and template drafting, communication across cultures and training of others, in a manner to attract the best talent, maintain a best place to work, drive execution efficiency and effectively provide legal advice in a fast-paced industry.
- Assist on a range of EMEA employment law issues to include hiring, terminations, benefits, leaves, privacy, education of managers
- Collaborate with outside counsel to review, develop and customize, for compliance with local regulations, of employment templates, independent contractor templates, immigration correspondence, termination notices, separation templates, general notifications and instructions to employees, policies, and procedures
- Actively organize, counsel, document, and drive legal processes
- Be the first point of contact for questions requiring interpretation of policies and templates
- Contribute to the development of self-service tools for first level employee questions
- Develop tool kits and process mapping for support functions to enable fast and value-added hiring and global mobility
- Contribute to the delivery of financial assessments and processing calculations of various legal indemnities in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Keep abreast of and maintain knowledge of EMEA employment law developments, and proactively identify issues that impact the business
- Oversee administrative processing of legal documents and employment legal team internal updates/knowledge sharing
- Assist as needed on other global projects, to include global employment agreements, policies, and classification risk assessments
- Licensed to practice as a lawyer, solicitor or barrister or you have the ability to practice law in-house
- Special interest in matters of employment and labor laws
- Proven track record of independence, a self-motivated team player to learn quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues, and earn the confidence of and partnership of business partners
- Special cross-cultural interests and knowledge that shows potential for global management through self-awareness, open-minded approach, strong adaptability skills, proven communication skills and a keen sense of humor
- Proven high integrity and behavior standards give priority to doing the right thing, natural spokesperson for business, good conduct, and ethics
- Demonstrate unquestionably good judgment, strong analytical skills and ability to operate efficiently and effectively every day in an extremely fast-paced environment
The legal team is a dynamic team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business. The team is immersed on developing our next generation licensing agreements, buying programs, and channel partner programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. You will work closely with sales operations, revenue and finance, channel operations, and global customer service teams, knowing the ins and outs of our business to support it from a legal perspective. Our legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, impacting and driving our products and services.
You’re passionate about legalities in a way that drives solutions. You think creatively on the legal team, but with a higher purpose, motivated by our mission to protect our digital lives.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.