Senior Principal Business Systems Engineer (Consumer Products)
The Business Systems Software Engineer acts as a liaison between IT and business functions (Finance, Ops and Marketing) to analyze complex business problems and translates business needs into actionable requirements by gathering enough information to define a solution and drive clarity to make rational decisions. Solution focus areas include custom solution design and development, vendor selection of new SaaS products and integrations to other in-house applications. Works with the Consumer Operations and Accounting teams to architect solutions using the most appropriate technologies - considering cost, time-to-market, and serviceability. This critical role will define the initial business system requirements for a new business channel and product line, drive system / vendor evaluation, resourcing strategy and ultimately, project and program management for delivering solutions for the business.
- Work closely with business partners to understand business processes, goals and gaps.
- Drive the planning, prioritization, design, development and deployment of new projects.
- Lead integration projects with ODM / suppliers and 3PL / fulfillment partners
- Create detailed specifications for business applications/connections
- Participate in the change management and go live support processes.
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners, subject matter experts and end-user representatives.
- Maintains a high-level familiarity with other IT system / business application capabilities and scope definition to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points.
- Coordinate and perform system testing to ensure requirements are met. Work closely with the project team during user acceptance testing (UAT); including tracking issues through to resolution and securing end user acceptance sign-off.
- 10+ years of IT experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree OR extensive experience (6+ years) as subject matter expert in Operations or Finance/Accounting
- Proficiency in object-oriented API calls and XML/JSON programming.
- Software programming experience a plus
- Experience administering and using key business systems: ERP, CRM, CPQ
- Experience supporting multiple integrated systems in an Enterprise technology environment
- Experience implementing, customizing and integrating third-party applications within Finance, Supply Chain, HR, Marketing processes and flows
- Possesses excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to build and maintain relationships and interact well across all levels
- End to end implementation experience including requirements documentation, systems configuration, project management, issue management, communication and change management.
- Agile / SCRUM experience preferred
- Self-motivated team player with clear and effective communications skills; solid time management & organization skills; ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- Strong attention to details is essential. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance and instruction to users.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and lack of guidance