Technical Marketing Engineer (Network Security Management)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for top-notch technical marketing engineers to expand the team. As a Technical Marketing Engineer at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our partners, customers, and our employees.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, redefining the future of network security. The individual will help develop and run performance tests, manage betas for new products, consult with customers on complex deployments, develop and deliver technical trainings for Systems Engineers and document technical concepts to educate our employees and customer base.
You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales challenges and address solutions as needed. The job requires approximately 10 percent travel.
- Work with Systems Engineers and customers on complex deployments to help ensure successful product deployment.
- Be the subject matter expert on Palo Alto Networks products to help Systems Engineers with product related questions.
- Utilize performance test equipment to validate device performance.
- Build out and manage lab environments and demo systems to replicate customer environments and real-world simulations.
- Participate in product beta programs and work with customers, product managers, and engineers to complete testing, gather detailed feedback, and replicate issues.
- Document technical concepts to ensure our products are well understood and utilized to the greatest extent possible.
- Work closely with Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development.
- Develop and deliver competitive positioning.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Other engineering/technical degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in computer networking or security
- Good understanding of internet protocols, cloud environments are highly desired.
- Strong virtualization skills and experience with hypervisors and public cloud. Must have production lab or data center experience with application staging and maintenance.
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems, Active Directory, AD GPO, and radius.
- Working experience with scripting languages such as python and perl.
- Strong understanding of network security concepts and working experience with the following:
- Next generation firewalls and associated management systems
- IDS/IPS devices
- Denial of Service solutions
- User ID, Application ID, security policy classification
- SSL Decryption, certificate stores, PKI
- Load balancers
- ICAP protocol, DLP solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills and tradeshow experience.
- Self-starter with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with high levels of detail and hit deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations.
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping implementing product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.