Customer Reliability Engineer (Tools and Automation)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks Cloud Security Products are the latest in our security platform that brings the power and scale of our products to our customers and industry. It’s a groundbreaking change in the way the industry views cybersecurity as it relates to our cloud environments, one that is necessary for our mission to protect our way of life in the digital age. To support these products, we have a fast-growing team called our Engineering Technical Assistance Center (ETAC) that is empowered by our Customer Reliability Engineers (CRE). This team utilizes the experience of senior network and security engineers to build an environment where our customers and employees thrive.
In this Customer Reliability Engineer (CRE) role, you will act as a liaison between our Development Operations teams, as well as our support teams to assist in escalations. While this role is similar to a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will provide more opportunities to tackle critical end-user experience concerns, while improving reliability and serviceability of the product, without revenue creation distractions. Part of your responsibilities will include building software tools and automation in support of customers focused product improvement. We are approaching customer service in an entirely new fashion, and we are looking for talented, motivated, dedicated individuals to help us define what the future of customer support should be.
- Work with the DevOps team to help build monitoring systems of all the SaaS systems
- Identify and monitor the metrics for the ongoing health of the systems and exchange points between systems and respond to potential problems
- Be an escalation point for the support team for problems found by customers
- Triage problems to directly resolve or involve the correct resource in dev to resolve
- Communicate status of the systems via automation (customers) and targeted messages (TAC)
- Utilize tracking of issue resolution (post-mortem) and work with this data to provide feedback for product improvement (supportability)
- Training TAC on the developed tools and processes. This is an ongoing deliverable
- Innovate potential solutions experienced by our end users
- Development mindset
- Experience (4+years) in engineering troubleshooting roles in fields like Support, QA, Dev, SRE and IT
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with troubleshooting issues on common Linux distributions
- Experience with any cloud services like AWS or GCP
- Knowledge and understanding of any databases like SQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Knowledge with Firewalls/Networking products and familiarity with routing protocols
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.