Customer Success Engineer - Sydney
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. It’s not a small goal. It isn’t simple either, but we aren’t in this for the easy answer. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators with a dedication to best. In return, your career will have a tangible impact – one that's working toward technology that affects every level of society.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting the infrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As a Customer Success Engineer, you are a critical part of our customers’ adoption of security integrations. You act as their day-to-day contact, establishing relationships with them to ensure improved standard methodologies for their secure environments. You'll guide for quick and consistent adoption, accelerated integrations with new cloud security products, and real-time support and strategy. You have in-depth knowledge of indicators of success, utilizing data and your analytical aptitudes to guide changes, updates, and improvements. In this role, you will work closely with CISOs, security architects, security engineers, and development operations teams within mid-to-large enterprises, so you'll need to feel confident presenting implementation plans to all ranges of technical ability.
- Sydney, Australia
- Ensure customers are maximizing their return on investment by rapidly implementing and operationalizing Palo Alto Networks solutions to achieve their business and security objectives
- Assist customers in implementing custom integrations and workflows to ensure Palo Alto Networks solutions are fully integrated into their security operations center
- Be the first line of defense in solving customer support requests, and coordinating and prioritizing timely resolutions with engineering teams
- Serve as a customer advocate in influencing product roadmap and improvements
- Coach customers on how to establish and lead their Cloud Security Change Management/Governance/Center of Excellence program
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the account team to build a risk mitigation plan
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map features and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Be Go-To customer authority on Palo Alto Networks public cloud security solutions and become a Subject Matter guide over time
- Performance metrics CSAT, Renewal rate, Upsell / Cross-sell lead identification, Reference-ability, Renewal likelihood, Adoption, Consumption, Customer Engagement
- Minimum 5 years work experience in pre-sales, support, customer success, consulting or similar roles
- Strong consulting and project management skills, with shown results working as a trusted advisor to drive business value for customers, including the ability to work well with client teams at various levels of technical and non-technical depth
- Consistent record of handling customer escalations, balancing customer expectations, and negotiating successful resolutions
- Existing knowledge of, and experience with public cloud platform (IaaS) features, capabilities, and best use
- Experience with security products and/or offerings
- Ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Availability to provide after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis
- Flexibility for travel up to 30%
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting every day transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.