Sr. Deals Desk Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Senior Deals Desk Analyst to join our organization. The primary focus of this position will be to help structure profitable and compliant transactions that address the needs of a diverse set of internal corporate customers and increase the effectiveness and productivity of our sales teams. The right person for this job has a team player approach, the ability to work across departments with disparate needs and excels at problem-solving through critical analysis and is challenged by process review and continuous improvement.
- Provide Sr. Leadership with financial models and evaluation of deal economics, commercial terms and conditionals, and operational requirements to present risk/reward profile for opportunities
- Become an expert on CPQ tool, reviewing and enforcing revenue recognition compliance for all quoting
- Key resource reviewing and approving all non-standard pricing requests that reach the level of executive manager
- Review will include financial analysis for gross margin, VSOE compliance, non-standard terms requests
- Partner with the field sales organization to drive large deal closure, including being a one-touch resource for field sales; responsible for liaising with all organizations involved in the agreement process (finance, legal, order management, etc.) on behalf of sales Personally, services as a trusted advisor to field sales on deals
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders for decision support deal solutions
- Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closure
- Ensure required approvals, such as discounts and contractual terms, are obtained and clearly documented
- Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements, structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning
- Responsible for adherence to and compliance with policy and procedures
- Review Order Forms for accuracy and compliance with internal policies
- Evaluate current processes and offer recommendations for areas of improvement
- Ensure that all transactions adhere to internal revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines
- Complete ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or Finance is required
- 6+ years’ experience (in a tech environment, in a Finance/sales operation role)
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of data analysis, modeling and/or financial analysis
- Intermediate/advanced Salesforce.com and MS Excel skills are highly recommended
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers to help them understand how our products can secure their environment. This is where our sales operation teams come in. Our sales operation team members support our sales account managers and systems engineers to assist in large organization’s migrations to more cybersecurity. Sales operations work behind the scenes to make sure that our sales relationships run smoothly, enabling and empowering the teams across the world.
As part of our sales operations, you support the sales team by providing research, reports, and craft and support systems and processes that enable the process of sales. You are committed to your team’s success – and enjoy pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. It’s a true partnership, one built on building the best cybersecurity solutions for each individual client.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.