Manager Systems Engineering - Public (Germany, Home Office)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Systems Engineer Manager, you lead, mentor, and coach a team of dedicated Systems Engineers. You raise the bar, providing the guidance and tools your team will need to continue to perform and excel within their positions. You’ll partner closely with your team to find opportunities for training, product development feedback, and changes to our sales approach. You enjoy developing highly skilled talent, committing your time to enable their success and accomplishments.
You’ll educate our partners and customers, providing thought-leadership in the constantly changing environment of cybersecurity. You’ll act as an example for your team on establishing relationships with customers, acting quickly to resolve concerns and show value in securing their space.
- Establish and maintain executive technical relationships with assigned customers within your sales territory
- Coach SEs on your team to engage with customer contacts on value-driven relationships
- Deliver company positioning and messaging for our Security Operating Platform and Application Framework to customers, partners, and external audiences
- Deliver highly technical, strategic content to external audiences to help educate and empower our clients, partners, and employees
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the territory
- Onboarding, training, and mentoring your new and established team members to maintain a high level of technical capability and independence
- Influence sales process by partnering with clients and prospective customers to implement best practices within their digital environments
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenges found in customer environments
- Assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum
- Assist Channel team in ensuring Partner SE’s are trained and can support the Palo Alto Networks evaluation installation
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams
- Provide technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing security trends and standard methodologies being employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process—have a unique value with the customers in your district
- Direct account engagement and customer relationships are a critical part of this role
- Leverage client and SE feedback to provide meaningful details around our service and product offerings to the appropriate internal departments for improvements
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales SEM, or 2+ years as a Sr SEM or Consulting Engineering
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s roadmap and technology development efforts
- The role calls for in-depth knowledge of competitive security products
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PAN’s customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- 50-75% travel within the assigned region
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversitywebsite.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.