Threat Intelligence Analyst
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks has a widely deployed security platform that gives us access to information on a broad range of threats from around the world. We use this data to better protect our customers, but also as a source for our research to identify threat actors, their motivations and tactics. Our team is tasked with combining our internal and open source data to produce intelligence products that others can use to better understand the threats they face. The right candidate must be able to correlate information and data from many sources to make assessments of an attacker’s motivations and future actions. The analyst will produce written intelligence products as well as presentation material including diagrams and videos.
- Collaborating with our marketing team to present our research at conferences and customer meetings around the world
- Produce written intelligence products based on internal and externally sourced data and information
- Collect open source information for aggregation into our intelligence repository
- Analyze malware and attacker tools to assess their functionality, origin, and purpose
- Develop small-scale tools to assist with the automation of collection and processing of data
- Present new research at conferences and at customer meetings
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) from our consumer organizations within Palo Alto Networks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal & presentation/speaking skills
- Comfortable speaking technically to analysts and strategically with executives
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, specifically networking, databases and tool development
- Strong understanding of security operations: perimeter defense, forensics, incident response, kill chain analysis, risk assessment, and security metrics
- Understanding of malware construction, usage, and detection techniques
- Experience developing profiles of actors and groups based on data
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Prior use of intelligence tools such as Maltego, Analyst’s Notebook, and Palantir
- Prior use of network analysis tools such as Wireshark, TCPDump, and Scapy
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
We’re not your ordinary Information Security team. We’re a diverse group of security professionals that accepts challenging the status quo in order to protect Palo Alto Networks and our customers.
Driving innovation on the Information Security team of the fastest-growing high-tech cybersecurity company is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined by the brightest minds in technology, and our global teams are on the front line of defense against cyberattacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.