Intern - EMEA Sales Finance
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are looking for a motivated Finance Intern to support the EMEA Sales Finance Manager in Amsterdam.
This internship is a great opportunity to learn and improve your analytical, relationship and internal customer orientation skills by providing Regional management with the support they need to successfully drive their business.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
Our Internship Program provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- You will be responsible for developing automation frameworks for Global Protect client product on multiple platforms
- You will work with development and quality assurance teams on user requirement
- Utilize your programming skills for efficient and robust implementation
- Support month month-end close, forecasting & planning process, focusing on continuous improvement of efficiency & accuracy
- Ad hoc and regular P&L analyses of the Sales business to drive higher performance and to assist with Regional management decision making
- Collaborate cross-functionally (e.g. HR, recruitment, accounting, sales operations) to continually improve alignment, consistency, processes, and procedures
- Participate in building dashboards to identify key trends, risks, and opportunities
- Review non-compliant business travel requests
- Undertake project work as required
- Undergraduate/graduate student in The Netherlands who is majoring in Economics, Business Studies, Business Administration or related subject
- Fluency in English a must, any additional languages will be considered a plus
- Advance Excel skills is a must
- Strong business and analytical skills
- Strong relationship building, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced and continually evolving environment
- Quick learner and an independent, proactive working style
- Ability to translate ideas into actions
The internship will be for a period of 6-12 months starting ASAP or January-February 2020.
NOTE: To be eligible for this position you must be registered as a student for the entire duration of this internship.
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a real passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our finance department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building elegant models and solutions to empower our business lines and solutions. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a worldwide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.