Principal, Strategy and Special Projects, Office of the President
Title: Principal, Strategy and Special Projects, Office of the President
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Named best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we’re the fastest-growing security company in history and are working towards an immensely important mission – ending breaches and protecting our digital way of life!
Our Business organization, led by our President, is the heart and soul of Palo Alto Networks with 3K+ employees spread across Sales, Support and Services. The Business organization also leads cross-functional projects across Product, Marketing, Finance and People teams. We are building a new “Special Forces” Strategy unit that will tackle the most mission-critical and challenging initiatives in the Business organization to drive and support our industry-leading growth. This team will roll up directly to our President and will have high visibility with the CEO and Executives. We work on projects that move the needle, have major C-level visibility and impact the company’s overall trajectory. We operate in an “unpolitical” and meritocratic environment as a tight-knit unit with a supportive, learning-oriented and fun culture that enables our team members to thrive. Over time, we expect “graduates” from our Strategy team to take on high-profile leadership roles across the Business and the company.
Your work as a Principal will directly and visibly contribute to our overall strategy and success. You will be tasked with leading teams to drive complex business and technology problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. We expect you to work collaboratively with other business functions to drive analysis, independently lead problem-solving, manage stakeholders and your own team and uncover value and opportunities for the business.
This position is full-time and located at our Santa Clara HQ
- Lead the effort to solve an entire problem including defining and driving the project approach, supervising a cross-functional team and managing day-to-day interactions with sponsor executives and stakeholders
- Drive team in structuring and break down complex business problems, develop hypothesis, drive analysis and deliver recommendations in a data-driven manner while ensuring the team’s quality of work
- Advise cross-functional teams and executives on broad and specific issues related to GTM strategy by providing expertise and leveraging your personal intellectual capital
- Lead and oversee thoughtful and rigorous analysis, synthesize insights and maintain a “nose for value” by identifying opportunities for further optimization and improvement within the Business
- Develop and present high-quality recommendation and deliverables for executive level consumption and actively contribute to associated strategy and execution discussions
- Work collaboratively across a cross-functional set of stakeholders to gather the right information, pressure test your hypothesis, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and unlock value
- 6+ years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years in management consulting (McKinsey, Bain, BCG), private equity or top-tier tech strategy or “bizops” functions (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
- MBA graduate from a top-tier business school or similar academic credentials
- Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
- Experience in building trusting relationships and leading through influence and in an advisory capacity
- Collaborative team player willing to go beyond strategy in order to support execution and realization
- Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments with minimal supervision
- Bonus: GTM strategy experience looking at Field and Inside Sales effectiveness, productivity improvement, channel strategy, support optimization, GTM structure design, revenue acceleration, etc.
- Bonus: Expertise in the cybersecurity industry and knowledge of the market is a plus but not required
- Bonus: Additional relevant experience with large transformations is