Principal, Strategy and Special Projects, Office of the President
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks® is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Named the best place to work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal, we’re the fastest-growing security company in history and are working towards an immensely important mission – ending breaches and protecting our digital way of life!
Our Business organization, led by our President, is the heart and soul of Palo Alto Networks with 3K+ employees spread across Sales, Support, and Services. The Business organization also leads cross-functional projects across Product, Marketing, Finance, and People teams. We are building a new “Special Forces” Strategy unit that will tackle the most mission-critical and challenging initiatives in the Business organization to drive and support our industry-leading growth. This team will roll up directly to our President and will have high visibility with the CEO and Executives. We work on projects that move the needle, have major C-level visibility and impact the company’s overall trajectory. We operate in an “unpolitical” and the meritocratic environment as a tight-knit unit with a supportive, learning-oriented and fun culture that enables our team members to thrive. Over time, we expect “graduates” from our Strategy team to take on high-profile leadership roles across the Business and the company.
Your work as a Principal will directly and visibly contribute to our overall strategy and success. You will be tasked with leading teams to drive complex business and technology problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. We expect you to work collaboratively with other business functions to drive analysis, independently lead problem-solving, manage stakeholders and your own team and uncover value and opportunities for the business.
This position is full-time and located at our Santa Clara HQ
● Lead the effort to solve an entire problem including defining and driving the project approach, supervising a cross-functional team and managing day-to-day interactions with sponsor executives and stakeholders
● Drive team in structuring and break down complex business problems, develop a hypothesis, drive analysis and deliver recommendations in a data-driven manner while ensuring the team’s quality of work
● Advise cross-functional teams and executives on broad and specific issues related to GTM strategy by providing expertise and leveraging your personal intellectual capital
● Lead and oversee thoughtful and rigorous analysis, synthesize insights and maintain a “nose for value” by identifying opportunities for further optimization and improvement within the Business
● Develop and present high-quality recommendation and deliverables for executive level consumption and actively contribute to associated strategy and execution discussions
● Work collaboratively across a cross-functional set of stakeholders to gather the right information, pressure test your hypothesis, co-create deliverables, accelerate execution and unlock value
● 6+ years of relevant work experience with at least 2 years in management consulting (McKinsey, Bain, BCG), private equity or top-tier tech strategy or “bizops” functions (Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
● MBA graduate from a top-tier business school or similar academic credentials
● Effective verbal and written communication ability and comfortable with both business and technical discussions with senior audiences
● Experience in building trusting relationships and leading through influence and in an advisory capacity
● Collaborative team player willing to go beyond strategy in order to support execution and realization
● Self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, high-growth environments with minimal supervision
● Bonus: GTM strategy experience looking at Field and Inside Sales effectiveness, productivity improvement, channel strategy, support optimization, GTM structure design, revenue acceleration, etc.
● Bonus: Expertise in the cybersecurity industry and knowledge of the market is a plus but not required
● Bonus: Additional relevant experience with large transformations
We work hand in hand with organizations around the world as they move to a more secure environment. As part of the Business Development team, you find and create opportunities, forming relationships with organizations seeking a trusted partner.
You are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, including constantly updated research and sales libraries and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success — everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.