At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to join our exciting, fast-growing company. The Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with hardware engineering and other internal cross-functional teams on the development, launch, and support of our hardware products in the factory. This position reports to the Director of Technical Operations and is based at our headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Hardware Engineer, New Product Introduction Project Manager, Product Management, Component Engineering, Test Engineering) for new HW product development programs
- Define and develop product structures, bills of materials, and assemblies in the Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) tools
- Engage with our contract manufacturing partners in developing and documenting relevant work process instructions
- Drive DfX (Design for Excellence) into the HW products through collaborative review of designs through the NPI phase to meet manufacturability, assembly, and cost goals
- Support products in production through their life cycle, collaborating to resolve production process issues and quality issues as they arise
- Early engagement with Engineering, Product Management, and Supply Chain to drive DfX objectives into the product
- Ensure supplier and manufacturing partner readiness in alignment with NPI development milestones
- Develop product structure bill of materials and release them into the PLM tools through the change order process
- Support the builds through all phases of the NPI process, documenting and driving the resolution of bugs in both process and design for the hardware
- Collaborate with our supply and manufacturing partners to conduct DFM (Design for Manufacturability) and DFA (Design for Assembly) reviews of both PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly) and mechanical assemblies
- Participate in the development of product packaging for NPI programs
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions to monitor key metrics of products in production
- Develop and process change orders as required for assigned products to support product updates, design changes, manufacturing process changes, and quality issue resolution
- Support the repair activities for assigned products where relevant to your function across the globe
- BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or relevant field of study
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct experience as a Manufacturing Engineer in a company with similar hardware products
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes in printed circuit boards assembly, mechanical assembly, electro-mechanical integration, with a primary focus in one or more areas
- Direct experience in collaborating with contract manufacturers in the assembly and test of medium volume, high mix environments
- A highly collaborative working style in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization
Our Manufacturing team has extensive business and project management experience in the contract manufacturing industry. This team has a dedication to success and a consistent track record of success in all aspects of supply chain and project management.
Our manufacturing team leadership establishes clear objectives, defining and implementing profit improvement and profiling inventory management, valuation, and lead-time improvement programs. If you have a passion for extensive end-to-end manufacturing and supply chain with the knowledge and experience, we want you!
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.