Consulting Engineer – UserID, DeviceID, IoT
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Consulting Engineer (CE), you will be the subject-matter expert for our UserID, DeviceID, and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. You will be the “go-to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering (SE) support requirements.
Your role is to present to customers as our expert in your subject area, at all levels in the customer hierarchy, from technician to manager. You will lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape of which every customer should be aware and planning to address. Your deep understanding will enable you to credibly discuss competitive offers in the marketplace and help you to position Palo Alto Networks as the best alternative. You will lead and support customer demonstrations that showcase our unique value, and you will engage in positive interactions with customers, both locally and remotely.
This overlay technical role directly supports sales. CEs are measured by their expertise and ability to lead to customer successes. As the number of CEs in the company is small, you will work closely with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Work with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best-practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the “pre-sales” process for strategic opportunities
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Networks’ virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Provide training to SEs in your specialty focus area
- Provide advanced “Partner SE” training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- In-depth understanding of User Identity Management, Device Management, and Internet of Things
- Technical, hands-on experience with Identity, Device and IoT Management and demonstrable experience securing these environments
- Significant experience as a pre-sale engineer facing customers preferred — particularly in a startup and vendor environment
- Solid understanding of authentication, authorization, directory, and user management services
- Knowledge of Single Sign On (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) technologies
- In-depth knowledge of IoT technologies, specifically around authentication, provisioning, and monitoring devices
- Understanding of malware, exploits, and operating system structure and behavior
- In-depth experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux, and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience is desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking
- Willingness to travel about 40 to 60 percent of your time, mostly within the U.S., with a small amount being international
Our engineering team is at the core of our products — connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.