Principal Engineer (Prisma SaaS)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Bring your backend java cloud engineering skills to work on the latest cloud software/web applications. Help us deploy and scale the next generation of cloud security utilizing big data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join the team that is building our latest cloud security product - Prisma SaaS. This fast-growing cloud service provides next-generation security for enterprise SaaS applications such as Box, Dropbox, GitHub, Google Apps, Slack, Salesforce and many more. Prisma SaaS enables organizations to store terabytes of sensitive data in these applications while preventing any security threats to their cloud. This role will also give you an unrivaled opportunity to collaborate with many of our supported SaaS vendors and build skills to influence every aspect of delivering an enterprise class cloud security service.
● BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
● Execute on the software development strategy to improve our dynamic highly distributed system
● Understand and implement software development/engineering lifecycle concepts to drive features from conception to delivery
● Collaborate closely with the product management, dev-ops, and QA teams to achieve quality releases
● Work hand-in-hand with customer support, documentation and downstream teams to enable customer success
● Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-release while maintaining performance and scalability requirements
● Be able to clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal project teams
● Interview, mentor and coach new team members
● Be a self-starter, able to learn independently and adapt quickly
● Advanced-level of experience as hands-on Java Software Engineer in a distributed /cloud-based product
● Scaling issues with Apache Storm and Kafka
● Cloud Experience (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
● Strong experience with distributed systems and cloud engineering
● Knowledge/Experience in building Micro Services and API's
● Experience with Spring Technologies and proficient with Python
● Ability to work in a dynamic environment
● Can-do attitude on problem-solving, quality and ability to execute
● Experience building API's in developing distributed systems
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.