Consulting Engineer, Public Cloud - Japan
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Consulting Engineer, you will be the authority on our solutions offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements.
You will present as our authority in AWS, Azure, GCP, VM-Series, and Securing Public Cloud deployment in all levels of an organization. You'll lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning for, driving our mission-critical message around the Public Cloud. This role is a technical role that directly supports the sales delivery of quota. CE’s are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer success. Part of your role will be providing feedback to our product teams so that we continue to innovate the world's latest cybersecurity technology.
- Discuss, with credibility, competitor offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative
- Lead and support customer demonstrations with our SE’s that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre sales' process for strategic opportunities
- Take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or our lab facilities
- Provide Security Architectures and references of Cloud with the customer (any level) and Partners and training and disseminate their materials to other SEs
- Working with other SEs in the region or theater, customer direct touch, partner enablement
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Assist in the training of new SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in our product suite
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be needed to win over new customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- Travel of 60%-80% within the designated region
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- In-depth knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP, Firewalls, and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable); experience securing these environments
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting
- Experience with AWS, Azure and GCP installation, configuration and administration of routing and security
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking, Network Security, Server and Network Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Container Docker, automation using such like ansible, kubernetes
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security product
- Experience with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Experience working with High-Touch Sales or working as High-Touch Sales SE, working with customers directly
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
- Experience understanding exploits, malware, ransomware, including their creation and activation
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our systems engineer (SE) teams come in. Our SE team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate systems engineering teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our SE team, you help support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineer team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.