Consulting Engineer EMEA - Public Cloud
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks Consulting Engineer, you will be the expert on our solutions offerings for AWS, Azure, Google, and other Public Cloud environments. You are the “go-to” resource for customer interactions that exceed standard Systems Engineering support requirements (we always expect a baseline expertise in all areas from our SE’s, but augment them with CE’s in the advanced or new technology areas).
The Consulting Engineering role is an overlay technical role that directly supports sales delivery of quota. CE’s are measured by their expertise and by their ability to lead to customer successes. There is also a requirement for close interaction with Product Management to ensure that we continue to out-innovate our competition.
- Present to customers as our expert in AWS, Azure, Google, VM-Series, Prisma Cloud and Securing Public Cloud deployment at all levels in the customer hierarchy, from technician to CIO
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of and planning to deal with when moving critical data, intellectual property, and mission-critical applications to Public Cloud
- Discuss, with credibility, competitive offers in the marketplace and position ours as the best alternative
- Discuss automation techniques and trends
- Lead and support customer demonstrations (with our SE’s) that showcase our unique value
- Interact locally and remotely with customers in an equally persuasive manner
- Create and maintain a library of automation scripts and templates
- Working closely with field sales and systems engineering teams to secure technical wins for Prisma Cloud opportunities
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network’s virtual offerings and integration in existing data center environments
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre-sales' process for strategic opportunities. The Consulting Engineer will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities
- Engage with Product Management, Technical Marketing, and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region or theater
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite
- Help develop relationships with new Born-in-the-Cloud partners who will be critical to winning over new top tier customers
- Support relationship expansion with top existing partners for Public Cloud
- In-depth knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Firewalls, and other security technologies – both from a technology and a business driver standpoint (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Demonstrable experience in securing these environments
- Experience with current automation tools (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef)
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as a SE or systems integrator
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with AWS, Azure and GCP installation, configuration and administration of routing and security
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking, Network Security, Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security product
- Travel of 60%-80% within the designated region
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Super organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at accommodations@
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.