SQA Engineer (Public Cloud Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
You will help customers in their journey to the public cloud by ensuring they have the best in class protection. The public cloud market has been growing at a very rapid rate for the last few years. As more and more enterprises use public cloud, there is an insatiable demand for securing workloads in the public cloud.
Envision, implement and evolve a comprehensive and leading-edge test system for a highly distributed, cloud-based security product that is destined to be the de facto standard in the industry. This is an exciting position for a Software QA engineer to be part of an established SQA team and help build state-of-art-test systems for our high-growth SaaS and API-based Security applications.
● Provide a consistent, standardized, and a standard methodology approach in developing testing automation across our cloud platform
● Design and develop test plans for new features by understanding the requirement
● Complex root cause analysis and defect isolation
● Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software testing practices
● Work closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management teams during product development from design to release
● Reproduce and debug issues found during and after software release
● Develop and maintain complex testbed environments
● Drive improved performance and production stability of the applications and systems
● Define Automation test strategy, creation, and execution of automated test scripts
● Analyzing performance data and creation of automated test results
● Work with AWS technologies and tools
● BS in computer science or a related technical field
● Software QA Automation experience with Distributed and Cloud-based systems using Python
● Experience working with Selenium-based automation frameworks
● Career-level years of hands-on experience in full development life cycle software development
● Expertise in identifying performance bottlenecks and solving performance issues in multi-layers web applications
● Experience with API testing and UI automation
● Experience in working on building test automation frameworks for cloud-based products
● Strong understanding of Agile methodology
● A self-starter who is confident and effective when working across distributed teams
● Knowledge of pytest and robot framework is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.