Technical Content Developer
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Cortex XDR Enablement Content Developer position provides a highly motivated individual with the opportunity to design, develop, manage, and roll out technical training for Cortex XDR to our customers and partners worldwide.
● Producing and maintaining high-quality enablement materials for Cortex XDR.
● Coordinating and delivering alpha, beta, and TTT training worldwide for internal and external audiences as needed
● Ensuring the readiness of all course and lab materials prior to delivery, including localization, if required
● Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn and implement a variety of cCloud, security, and networking technologies
● Demonstrate the ability to jump-in and assist others on the team whenever needed
● Provide fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues with training lab topology
● Stay current on the cyberthreat landscape including trends in Security Operating Center solutions
● Curate existing technical documentation, best practice guides, technical marketing collateral, manuals, troubleshooting guides, etc for inclusion in technical training materials
● B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatik, Electrical Engineering or equivalent fields with varying names
● 5+ years of technical work experience in configuring, deploying, testing, or similar activities in computer security applications and products
● Deep knowledge in cryptography, EDR concepts, firewalls, internet protocols (e.g., HTTPS, WebSocket, SMTP, SNMP, and Syslog), OSI network layers and TCP/IP, operating systems including Linux, databases, scripting (preferably Java or Python), RESTful API concepts, file structures including XML/XSL, and JSON
● 2+ years of technical content development experience, and/or technical writing experience
● 2+ years of technical teaching experience in computer-related technologies
● Self-starter, self-learner
● Team-focused with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects to completion in a fast-paced, deadline-driven engineering environment
Cortex is the industry's only open and integrated, AI-based, continuous security platform. Cortex is a significant evolution of the Application Framework designed to simplify security operations and considerably improve outcomes. Deployed on a global, scalable public cloud platform, Cortex allows security operations teams to speed the analysis of massive data sets. To learn more about our AI-based innovation for cybersecurity on Cortex Platform and Cortex Data Lake, please click here.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.