APAC Legal Counsel, Greater China
APAC Legal Counsel (GC)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cyber-security partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cyber-security as we are.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial (including procurement), and intellectual property agreements that align with the company’s policies and risk tolerance
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from executive management, sales, operations, channels, marketing, corporate finance and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks
- Advise on privacy/data protection questions as they arise and liaise with HQ-based privacy team
- Monitor and advise on legislative initiatives and potential impact on business
- Train employees on legal issues and company policies, including anticorruption, code of business conduct and ethics, and assist with implementation of policies related to the same
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes
- Support in handling corporate legal matters, e.g. entity management
- Handle special projects as requested
- A Lawyer qualified to practice either in Hong Kong and/or Greater China
- 10 years of relevant legal experience and shown success, including a minimum of 5+ years in-house experience. Experience working at a subsidiary of a US parent a plus
- Fluent English and Mandarin language, written and oral, interpersonal skills required
- Experience advising clients on and structuring commercial and intellectual property transactions and arrangements
- Excellent business discernment, ability to think strategically, high level of work ethic
- Dynamic and highly collaborative, especially in a team environment
- Able to work expertly with cross-functional teams and run numerous projects at a time under deadline pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters
- Experience in cyber, network security or other high tech preferred
- Occasional travel in APAC and to HQ in Santa Clara, California required
The legal team at Palo Alto Networks is a dynamic team that impacts all go-to-market aspects of the business every day. The team is immersed on developing our next generation licensing agreements, buying programs, and channel partner programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. You will work closely with sales operations, revenue and finance, channel operations, and global customer service teams, knowing the ins and outs of our business to support it from a legal perspective. Our legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, impacting and driving our products and services.
You’re passionate about legalities in a way that drives solutions. You think creatively on the legal team, but with a higher purpose, driven by our mission to protect our digital lives.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cyber-security's status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace and provide equal consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.