Intern - Information Security DevOps Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is seeking a motivated, forward-thinking student to join our Information Security team (Infosec) Team. In your role you will be responsible for developing and executing security related development projects and programs. You will be working very closely with the Information Security Operations and Engineering teams to develop tools and infrastructure that prevent, detect, contain and manage risks within the Palo Alto Networks enterprise environment. This is a fast-paced, post-startup environment. If you are customer-oriented, results-driven and passionate about building great products that will impact across the organization then this may be the job for you!
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
● 1:1 mentorship
● Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
● The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
● Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
● Collaborate with internal customers to establish strong requirements and develop project plans to deliver products and services
● Work with your development lead, other team members to develop solutions that meet the product requirements and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability
● Technical work typically consists of code development, detailed testing, and complex security analysis
● Resolve bugs/defects during development, QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release cycles
● Participate in working groups to problem solve and identify methods to improve or enhance existing tools, products and services
● Design and build threat detection technology stack and data management solutions that support the organization, company and customer environments
● Establishes and reports on metrics to track work streams associated with committed projects
● Meet realistic implementation schedules and adhere to development goals and principles
Your Experience : We are looking for people with a variety of capabilities and interests such as:
● Exposure to professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
● Experience in at least one modern compiled programming language such as Java, C, C++ or C#
● Experience in at least one scripting language preferably Python, Perl or Ruby
● Knowledge in MVC, MySQL, Postgres, GIT, WebAPI, SQL, SOAP, RESTful API
● Understanding of JSON, XML, XML Schema, and related technologies
● Experience with NoSQL / Graph Databases, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, HBase, Solr, ELK, ZooKeeper, Flume, Kafka
● Understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
● Experience in working and developing in both Unix/Linux and Windows environments
● Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
● Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
● Thirst for exploring leading-edge security technologies and the experience to analyze and resolve security issues
The InfoSec team is responsible for architecting, designing and deploying security solutions using Palo Alto Networks platform components and third party tools to mitigate threats, monitor corporate system, and conduct incident response.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.