Product Manager (Network Security)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is building a world-class product management organization and continues to look for world-class product managers to expand the team. As the Decryption and PAN-OS infrastructure product manager at Palo Alto Networks, you will be responsible for driving our PAN-OS decryption security strategy and PAN-OS infrastructure feature set. In addition to your own creativity, you will also rely on interaction with customers, systems engineers and partners to understand the problems, use cases and find innovative solutions. You will have to keep yourself updated on the latest trends in encryption protocols and understand their implications for customers and your owned product area. You will be expected to deliver product functionality that matches the Palo Alto Networks’ level of innovation found throughout the product. You will be involved with the decryption security, infrastructure, and cryptography features throughout all stages of the life cycle (conception, definition, development, release and post-release activities), managing strategic planning, feature selection, and tactical activities.
- Full ownership of the PAN-OS decryption and cryptography security strategy and feature set
- Full ownership of PAN-OS infrastructure components: virtual systems, SSL and web server components, and other shared device modules
- Understand current and future RFCs in all areas of responsibility to successfully implement and guide product vision
- Feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from engineering to sales to deliver high-quality products
- Work with the product marketing team and to develop compelling sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- Customer engagement and relationship development for executive briefings, product evangelism, and problem discovery
- Enable sales teams with product positioning and support escalations when needed
- BS/MS in a technical field
- Minimum 3-5 years in product management OR technical expertise in the decryption and security appliance space required
- Strong domain expertise in cryptography related technology – SSL/TLS, PKI, stream and block ciphers, certificate management, and data integrity algorithms
- Strong domain expertise in modern browsers – Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Good knowledge of internet protocols – TCP, UDP, HTTP, DNS, FTP
- Good knowledge of networking architectures, routing and switching concepts
- Good knowledge of security device architecture and operating systems
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills, team mentality
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
Our organization and employees are committed to changing as rapidly as our industry’s threats do, and to do that, we need creative product teams to address emerging cyber threats. They provide the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information on our products for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement product wide technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.