Senior Analyst, Pricing & Licensing
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for an experienced individual to actively drive the success of Pricing & Licensing organization as the Senior Analyst, Pricing & Licensing. You are a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Pricing & Licensing, Sr. Analyst is primarily responsible for developing and executing the end-to-end pricing & licensing strategy across Palo Alto Networks operating units, including pricing models, price levels, licensing structures, and price promotions/packaging. In this role, you will conduct customer segmentation, competitive analysis, develop financial models and pricing metrics, assess pricing performance of the organization, and identify revenue and margin leakage opportunities. You will play a key role in shaping the future direction and growth of Palo Alto Networks Pricing & Licensing organization. You'll be an experienced pricing and licensing professional focused on analysis and execution.
● Support and in some cases lead the pricing and licensing activities across Palo Alto Networks operating units, working collaboratively to develop and implement Pricing strategies across Product, Finance and GTM (Go to Market) teams
● Interact with the senior leadership and product teams to drive pricing analysis and licensing strategy execution
● Conduct pricing analyses to inform pricing strategy for new, renew and upsell/cross-sell offerings
● Execute end-user pricing studies, including competitive market positioning and price elasticity analyses
● Implement and monitor pricing strategies and models performance upon changing business and market dynamics
● Develop global pricing, as well as any localized or vertical pricing approaches, such as multi-currency
● Develop new and maintain existing pricing metrics and dashboards
● Develop new and improve on existing pricing strategy development processes, frameworks, and approaches
● Maximize revenue by developing and implementing new and innovative pricing models, identifying revenue leakage opportunities and developing remediation plans to address those
● Support deal desk in carrying out deal profitability analyses and optimizing deal structures
● Work cross-functionally to manage the licensing process, reducing complexity and ensuring customer satisfaction
● Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent (e.g., CPA, MBA) strongly preferred
● 3 + years of experience in evaluation pricing performance of B2B software companies or equivalent experience in FP&A/Marketing role with deep emphasis on financial analysis and analytics
● Exceptional presentation skills, concise and fluent in communication
● Ability to distill complexity via a methodical and structured approach
● Approximately 15- 25% domestic/international travel may be required
Are you looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission? We have open positions to top talent seeking a challenge. Being part of the Finance department, Pricing and Licensing function performs deep analyses to understand the business and inform the strategic direction of the company. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in financial modeling, pricing analytics and an innovative mindset to approach problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within Pricing and Licensing, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a challenge with a worldwide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.