Communications Manager - JAPAC
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cyber-security partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cyber-security as we are.
Your Career As our communications specialist, you will develop a comprehensive internal communications service to deliver the Palo Alto Networks JAPAC's strategic messages and provide employees with regular, meaningful and consistent information about developments, success stories and growth strategies across the company. You will have a key role working with the President of JAPAC theater, VP of Marketing and the senior regional leadership team of the company in communicating a sense of purpose across the theater as well as managing a transformational culture growth effectively.
- Provide and create strategic direction and leadership on the development of the company's internal communications strategy.
- Translate strategic activity into messages and activities that are relevant at a regional, departmental and individual level.
- Develop diverse communication channels as the appropriate means for communicating with staff depending on the nature and context of different communications.
- Deliver communications tailored to different internal audiences in such a way that the message can be communicated most effectively to specific stakeholder groups.
- Support new projects by providing specific and timely information to enable the teams to engage stakeholders and bring about change in an effective manner.
- Create a framework of clear and effective employee communications on a broad variety of topics to create a sense of shared purpose that is relevant to all team members.
- Develop communication tools and content to create a culture based on a consistent two-way flow of information.
- Measure the effectiveness of communication processes to assess whether they are meeting the needs of both the leadership and employees and develop improvements where necessary.
- Contribute to increasing employee engagement by measuring employee attitudes and developing strategies to respond to feedback and requirements which will ultimately increase team engagement and performance.
- Journalism, communications or content marketing experience developing, and curating written, video and graphic assets
- Experience in cyber threat communications/research
- Strong communicator with outstanding writing, editing, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly-motivated self-starter with experience managing projects among multiple stakeholders dispersed around the globe
- Able to translate tech speak into plain English, especially converting complex technical details into clearly understandable messages and soundbites
- Able to extract “the story” from complex, academic threat research and convert it into an easy-to-grasp pitch for the press, influencers, sales, and marketing teams
- Strong grasp of social media and the importance of social in the context of PR and influencer relations, content marketing and demand generation
Our global corporate communications team’s objective is to increase thought leadership and positive notoriety for Palo Alto Networks. We do things differently here, and our mission is to strategically engage and educate audiences with information that will lead to a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cyber-security's status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental
disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.