Engineering TAC - Virtualization
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The ETAC team is an exciting crossroads between Technical Assistance Center (TAC) and Engineering. The team is empowered to drive decisions and to be the thought leaders within the Global Customer Support organization at Palo Alto Networks. On any given day members of the team may work with new products and software very early in the new product introduction (NPI) process, provide training, assist a support engineer with a customer issue, replicate a complex issue in our lab, evaluate customer network design or help improve features for supportability and usability. We are a relatively small global team and will only consider the top people from a support or engineering background. You are good candidate if you are excellent at working with many cross-functional teams such as developers, product management, sales and also customers. In particular you will be able to work on a wide variety of cloud and hypervisor ecosystems including VMware/NSX, Hyper-V, KVM/Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Enablement of the TAC teams - assist with ad hoc Q&A but this also includes some structured training throughout the year
- Ownership of critical issues. This doesn’t mean being responsible for the case, the focus is on the technical driver of the case the customer calls about. This usually means working with the TAC case owner and development engineering on a replication or verification and communicating updates
- New product development - combine the responsibility of continuing our state-of-the-art technical knowledge and skills learned from prior technical support, an ETAC engineer will identify supportability and usability requirements for new products during the design phase as well as post FCS via enhancement requests
- Develop and deliver training material for TAC. Training is a key component of the day-to-day success of support. An ETAC engineer is responsible for staying up to date with technical details on Palo Alto Networks new products and industry in general and sharing those details with TAC via white papers, BBLs, or TOIs
- Filling in the gaps. Sometimes there are opportunities to “catch” a problem before it escalated. ETAC is positioned to identify or help in these unplanned projects that result in a better customer experience, or a cost reduction or better security
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
- Background in Technical Support
- Hands-on experience with private cloud ecosystems such as VMware, Hyper-V or KVM. Experience should be beyond just user admin level and include building environments from ground up, maintenance and deep troubleshooting.
- Strong VMware vSphere and NSX experience is an important plus.
- Able to explain how the internet works in detail, end to end from the physical layer up to the application layer
- Familiarity with C and various scripting languages is a plus. You’re not applying to be a developer, but you should have some background in making and compiling from school or personal projects
- Understand how packets go through a box. The box shouldn’t be a “black box”, you should know what is happening to a packet at different stages and how that can impact problems
- Good communication skills. You’re not being hired to answer phone calls from the queue, but you will speak with customers from time to time as well as to developers and the rest of your team
Our technical support team is critical to our success and mission. As part of this team, you enable customer success by providing support to clients after they have purchased our products. Our dedication to our customers doesn’t stop once they sign – it just evolves. Our technical team provides the behind-the-scenes support to meet our customer’s needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay in step to accomplish our mission. You’ll be involved in implementing new products, transitioning from old products to new, and will fix integrations and critical issues as they are raised – in fact, you’ll seek them out to ensure our clients are safely supported. We fix and identify technical problems, with a pointed focus of providing the best customer support in the industry.
We’re a fast-growing, immensely successful organization because of our people and products (built and supported by our people). We work the frontlines against cyberthreats and attacks, protecting everyday transactions in the digital environment. It means we’re good at scaling quickly to new threats, get fulfillment from resolving new problems, and think about things just plain differently.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.