Big Data Software Architect (Behavioral Analytics)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Big Data Software Architect to join our team of specialists and create pioneer products which will enable the creation of unique solutions. Our Behavioral Analytics technology uses sophisticated machine learning to quickly, efficiently and accurately identify attacks based on detecting behavioral anomalies inside the network. The connection between cybersecurity analytics and big data introduces a wealth of new challenges, both in its implementation and development process.
More information about Magnifier Behavioral Analytics product can be found here.
- Lead our Big Data software architecture, taking into consideration scale and performance
- Evaluate and conduct POC for new technologies
- Participate and influence design reviews
- Partners with functional and technical leaders to identify and plan capabilities necessary to meet short and long-term product strategy
- Lead a team of software developers oversees the team professionalism, deliverables, and quality
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports and attract, retain, develop and motivates top talent
- 5+ years’ experience in software development
- Demonstrated experience architecting, developing and deploying complex, large-scale software
- Demonstrated experience with big data infrastructure
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies (infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data)
- A motivated, autodidact, problem solver with a great attitude towards work and people
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, work under pressure and maintain focus
- Knowledge of Networking and Operating Systems fundamentals- advantage
- Experience with Spark & HDFS- preferred
- Experience with Java or Scala - preferred
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL technologies - preferred
- Software development experience with Python - preferred
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Our Security Operating Platform is built for automation. It is easy to operate, with capabilities that work together, so customers can prevent successful cyberattacks. They can use analytics to automate routine tasks, so they can focus on what matters. We are known for continuously delivering innovations; and with Application Framework, we extend that to an open ecosystem of developers that benefit from our customers’ existing investment in data, sensors, and enforcement points.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.